Thursday, January 24, 2008

Something’s Cooking!

Foods are for God! Thats what I believe…. Because the art of cooking is so different from any other talent in the planet. I agree cooking is an art but you eat it too. Cooking is so imaginative and creative. While Cooking you make utilize all your senses be it the nose, ear, eyes, tongue, hands etc. Cooking is a form of flattery....a playful, deceiving, mean and ignoble activity, which cheats us by shapes and colors, by smoothing and draping...."

“By November I had convinced myself that I had better things to do than read and learn about Politics. Cook for instance.Its so rightly said "When men reach their sixties and retire, they go to places. Women go right on cooking." So I thought why not lay my hands on cooking right away in that way I can save some years before I withdraw.

For me cooking has always been my love. But untill my nupitals I disregarded it utterly. I was busy with my other love be it my carrer,shopping, friends etc, so I used to totally rely on my mothers delectable food. I was 24 when I started cooking, up untill then, I just ate. My mother was a entertaining cook, but what she basically alleged about cooking was that if you worked hard and prospered, someone else would do it for you.


No one cooks alone, Even at their most solitary, a cook in the kitchen is surrounded by generations of cooks past, the advice and menus of cooks present, the wisdom of cookbook writers. So its everybody’s effort which comes in action and a good meal is prepared. The right amount of spices added, the exact quantity of salt or sugar gives the food a exact taste.


After the grand appetizing cooking is done there comes the dishes… Eeerrrr washing them is one thing I hate to do. Washing the greased dishes is so not done. But the cook has to clean the dishes.

So life’s different now. I started driving again.I started cooking again. My cooking is better than my driving as of now. So now I am gonna go get one, fill it up with spices and fat, Fry them sinners brown and its gonna be good aint it.I guess I fell into cooking & there is always something new to discover.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Food is first eaten by eyes"

-Anonymous
Though a chaste vegetarian,cooking has somewhat rented my soul. As my profession does not allow me to think anything beyond accountancy, I often sharp my taste buds by cooking in seclusion.
Its a love, infact my second love. I am sure you would be inquisitive to know the former. Trust me, I dont have one. Infact yes, I have it......Accounting....but its not the first but forced love.

Divya said...

tats so true wat u have said....thnks for droppin by my blog and commenting